• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland


  • NEWS

  • 8 August 2014

    In the spirit of strengthening cultural ties between Poland and Australia, and promoting improved mutual understanding amongst their young people by facilitating stays for holiday and educational purposes, the Governments of the countries signed the Memorandum of Understanding on a ‘Work and Holiday’ visas arrangements on March 28th, 2014. The Memorandum came into force on August 1st, 2014.

    Work and Holiday Programme is for young people (between 18 and 31 years old)  and gives  Australian citizens the possibility to go to Poland for a year. The principal purpose of the stay should be a  holiday,  but the visa gives also the possibility to work.

    Australians citizens that apply for the Programme should:


    1. intend primarily to holiday in Poland for a period of up to twelve (12) calendar months;


    1. are at least eighteen (18) years of age but have not turned thirty one (31) at the time of application for a visa;


    1. will not be accompanied by dependent children;


    1. hold a valid passport issued not earlier than ten (10) years before applying for a visa, having at least two (2) blank pages and valid at least ninety (90) days after the end of the planned stay;


    1. have a return or onward travel ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;


    1. possess sufficient funds for personal support for the purposes of a Work;


    1. meet health requirements as specified by Polish laws and purchase medical and comprehensive hospital care insurance;


    1. have not previously taken part in the ‘Work and Holiday’ or ‘Working Holiday’ programme;


    1. hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study; and


    1. provide a letter from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection of Australia, that confirms the acknowledgement of the applicant’s intention to participate in the Work and Holiday Programme and his declaration of the fulfillment of all requirements specified in the Memorandum of Understanding. 

    Any Australian citizen who inquires about the letter of intent should check the Department’s website: At  the bottom of the page, under the Heading “Visit Australia” there is the option “Working Holidays Overseas For Australians”.  By clicking on that link you will get access to the information on how to get the letter of support.  The letter of government support for Poland is issued by the ACT and Regions Office in Canberra. You are required to provide:


                               •certified copy of a valid passport  

    •certified copy of one other form of identification with current residential address

    •certified copies of tertiary qualifications, a letter from the university confirming the level of study, or originals of academic transcripts.


    You are able to provide this information by email, post or in person to the ACT and Regions Office.

    As far as Polish visa regulations are concerned, please make contact with the Consulate General of Poland in Sydney:

    Print Print Share: